Peer Reviewed Publications
- K.C. Meehan, W.G. Powell, D.M. McKirdy, P.A. Hall, C. Nedin, P.A. Johnson, C.J. Collom, 2021, Aluminum-normalized trace element paleoredox proxies and their application to the study of the conditions of Burgess Shale-type preservation. (In Review)
- K.C. Meehan and P. Bembia, 2021, Mud volcano derived carbonate pipe concretions from the Late Devonian Pipe Creek Shale, Appalachian Basin, western New York. (In review)
- K. Bartlett, C. Kowalski, P. Bembia, I. Li, G.G. Lash, C. Thaler, and K.C. Meehan, 2021, Freshwater and marine microfossils s as evidence of flooding events in distal deltaic sequences of the Late Devonian Appalachian Basin, New York. (In review)
- I. Li, K. Bartlett, C. Kowalski, P. Bembia, and K.C. Meehan, 2021, Paleoecology and predominance facies of Late Devonian foraminifera in successions of the Catskill Delta Complex, Western New York, U.S.A., Journal of Foraminiferal Research, 51(1), p. 32-45
- K.C. Meehan, C. Kowalski, K. Bartlett, I. Li, and P. Bembia, 2020, Successful complete digestion and extraction of microfossils from well lithified Devonian shale beds in western New York: Stratigraphy v. 17, no. 3, p. 205 – 212.
- N.H. Landman, J.K. Cochran, J. Brezina, N.L. Larson, M.P. Garb, K.C. Meehan, and C. Myers, 2019, Methane Seeps in the Upper Cretaceous U.S. Western Interior, In, Kiel, S., (ed.) Title TBD, Cephalopods – present and past. (accepted, publication date TBD)
- K.C. Meehan, M. Mego Vela, N.V. Gilles, Y.O. Chow, C. Koo, B. Lopez, Y. Wolfe, and S.A. George, 2018, Foraminifera from Upper Campanian Pierre Shale methane cold-seeps, South Dakota. Cretaceous Research, v. 39, p. 1 – 13. doi: 10.1016/j.cretres.2018.03.023
- K.C. Meehan and H. Salmun, 2016 Integrating Technology in Today’s Undergraduate Classrooms: A Look at Students Perspectives: Journal of College Science Teaching v. 46, no. 1, p. 39 – 48.
- K.C. Meehan, and N.H. Landman, 2016. Faunal Associations in methane cold-seeps from the Upper Cretaceous Pierre Shale, South Dakota: Palaios, v. 31, p. 280 – 290.
- J.K. Cochran, N.H. Landman, N.L. Larson, K.C. Meehan, M.P. Garb, and J. Brezina, 2015. Methane seeps as ammonite habitats evidence from O, C and Sr in well-preserved shells from methane seeps in the Upper Cretaceous (Campanian) Pierre Shale: Swiss Journal of Paleontology, v. 134, no.2, p. 1 – 13.
- N. Larson, J. Brezina, N.H Landman, O. Tatsuo, M.P. Garb, and K.C. Handle, 2013. Hydrocarbon seeps: Habitats that preserved the diversity of fauna in the Late Cretaceous Western Interior Seaway: Wyoming Geological Society Field Guide.
- K.C. Handle and W.G. Powell, 2012. Morphologically simple enigmatic fossils from the Wheeler Formation, Utah: A comparative analysis: Palaios, v. 27, p. 304 – 316.
Recent Conference Papers and Presentations
T.K.P. Gregg, J.T. Boyle, K.C. Meehan, M. Jadamec, J.D. Briner, 2020. Covid-19 and Field Training: U. at Buffalo’s summer virtual mapping course, Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs, v. 52, no. 6
K.C. Meehan, K. Bartlett, C. Kowalski, G. Lash, P. Bembia, 2019. Co-occurrence of microspherules and concretion beds in Devonian shale beds in Western New York. Northeastern Geological Society of America Meeting, Portland, Maine. https://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2019NE/webprogram/Paper328390.html
K.C. Meehan, and N.H. Landman, 2014. Faunal Associations with fluid flow rates in Late Cretaceous methane cold-seeps from the Pierre Shale, South Dakota. Geological Society of America National Meeting, Vancouver,
K.C. Meehan, N.H. Landman, H.C. Connolly Jr., and A.M. Krawchuk, 2014. Ancient methane cold-seep structure, mineralogy, and apparent fluid flow rates. Geological Society of America National Meeting, Vancouver, Canada.
Mego Vela, K.C Meehan, N.H. Landman, and E. Thomas, 2014. Foraminifera of ancient methane cold-seeps as paleodepth indicators in the Pierre Shale, South Dakota. Geological Society of America National Meeting, Vancouver, Canada.
Breitenbach, K.C. Meehan, and N.H. Landman, 2014. Light isotope analysis and biogeography of Late Cretaceous methane cold seeps of the Pierre Shale, South Dakota. Geological Society of America National Meeting, Vancouver, Canada.
A.M. Krawchuk, K.C. Handle, and N.H. Landman, 2013. Mineralogy of Late Cretaceous methane cold-seeps of the Pierre Shale, South Dakota. GSA Annual Meeting in Denver. 2013.